Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yesterday... 31 May 2010, Monday...

Made black-forest cake in pastry class :)) i normally do enjoy pastry do very very much... to be honest, I did quite enjoy it... maybe except for a few parts la this lesson... hmm... well, it was really my fault la... so... k la... sorry lo... my fault :(

Fault one:
did not whip the eggs properly, plus did not look after the heat... hmm :( ter-cooked the egg... had to re-do... sigh... sad lo... bur never mind... we managed it in the end :))

Fault two:
well, to say, not totally my fault lo... should be say chef's method a bit to rushing, missed out some details?? or is it personal difference?? hmm.... wth...

was feeling quite proud and happy about our cake-slicing (sliced the cake beautifully into 3 layers)... saw Chef Amir stepping two steps closer and looking at our cake...
so I went ' nice?? :) '
but a got reply ' no. If this cake was mine, I'd thrown it into the dustbin. '

:S like what the........... speechless lo... he said my cake was too 'packed' , not spongy at all... it's black-forest cake, it's supposed to be like sponge cake... rite? ya, well... the mistake, he said, was that we folded the four in to quickly... :( culprit?? let's not point fingers now... considered my fault, ignorance.... so now i learn :)) sponge cakes are supposed to be spongggyy...



Today... 1 June 2010, Tuesday...

Got off the bus at LCS, went to photostat math's notes at the shop there...waited there, so long lo... well, what did you expect?? I'm printing about 40sets of notes, you know...

It started to rain like soooo heavily half-way through printing... sigh... by the time I came out from the shop, it's pouring... hmm... it's the first time I'm so willingly wanting to take a cab from Mentari to Suriamas lo... but first things first, I had to walk from LCS over to Mentari, no short-cut, no shelter, no taxi... walked lo... luckily the rain slowed...

Unfortunately, there was no taxi at the taxi stand when i walked over :( no choice... had to walk back lo... sigh... my shoe became a swimming pool, seriously.... it was like walking in puddles, except, u can't seem to walk out of it cause it's in our shoe...

My pants got all wet... mind you, not just until the knees, but the WHOLE trouser... =.= ... luckily i was printing for so many people... so i was carry the big plastic bag in my hand, indirectly shielded me from quite a lot of rain too...

Came across this two Malay guys also walking in the rain (same direction)... didn't notice them at first, cause they were sharing one umbrella and talking softly... i thought was a couple walking behind me... so just walk only lo... after a while only i noticed that they were actually two guys... And, they weren't not talking to each other, they were trying to catch my attention (kind of calling me)... well, who cares... since I was so engrossed in my thoughts and had already ignored them for so long, i decided to just continue ignoring them... haha XD nice... anyway, the rain was so heavy, it was easy to not listen; and i really needed to concentrate on where i land my feet...

Reached home dripping wet... haha... i mean my socks... it was DEFINITELY dripping wet... so was half of my trousers...

No comments:

Post a Comment